Menu

Walnut Creek, CA
Computer Club of Rossmoor

URLs in resident letters to the Rossmoor News

• 01/27/2021 5:36 PM
    Message # 10040327
    Anonymous

You may know that the RM News has a long standing policy of not publishing any web links in Letters to the Editor. The Editor's note in the News on 27 January says that weblinks are not published "as they would take up too much room".

If you think this policy is mistaken, you can make your feelings known in the final box of the News Survey, now on-line at www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTTCSD5

• 01/28/2021 12:29 AM
    Reply # 10040996 on 10040327
    Anonymous member (Administrator)
    John Murphy wrote:

You may know that the RM News has a long standing policy of not publishing any web links in Letters to the Editor. The Editor's note in the News on 27 January says that weblinks are not published "as they would take up too much room".

If you think this policy is mistaken, you can make your feelings known in the final box of the News Survey, now on-line at www.surveymonkey.com/r/LTTCSD5

Yes, I totally agree. Just wish I hadn't already submitted my survey. That said, CCOR has a good relationship with the RN, so perhaps I will drop Ann Peterson a note about this. Certainly, they can use TinyURL, which would solve any length problems. Or maybe they can eliminate one of the recipes they publish to make more room for URLs.  ; )